Wednesday 30 July 2008

Trick Daddy Denies Beef With Rick Ross, Says He's Not Responsible For Prison-Guard Rumors

Yeah, Trick Daddy has had his share of public fisticuffs, and he's said hateful words toward rap foes in interviews and video blogs, but the Miami Mayor insists the only beef he's cooking these days is in his kitchen.

"I refuse to go through some fake rap beef about something somebody on the computer said," Trick lamented over the weekend on the phone from his home.

At the heart of his comment was the recent Rick Ross prison-guard scandal.

While legal documents and pictures have purportedly surfaced that peg the Boss as a prison guard more than a decade — and The Smoking Gun released more details earlier this week — Trick Daddy's name has been thrust into the mix as well. Footage of an interview surfaced wherein Ross was asked what he thought about Trick Daddy telling people he was a corrections officer. Ross responded by saying the allegations were false and that Trick was a "sucker" (and that was probably the nicest thing he said) for trying to falsely blow him up. The only problem is, Trick says he never did go around telling people about his fellow Miami native's past — right side of the law or otherwise.

"Me and Ross had a clear understanding 'bout the whole station," Trick said. "The video [interview] comes from an attempt to start a beef like two or three years ago. Some people around you don't mean you good. After figuring that out, those people are no longer in the situation. When this whole thing came out, it had nothing to do with me. Then all of sudden this video popped up on [the Net]. I'm a man. I don't do sh-- like that."

Regardless of whether Trick was the culprit, Ross' comments about him did raise eyebrows. What does he think of the tongue-lashing?

"The only thing I can say to that is, I'm a grown man," Trick insisted. "I'm definitely not gonna [let] nobody make me say something negative. I'm a Rick Ross fan. A lot of years ago, a lot of people wanted me and Rick Ross to have this problem with one another, and they almost succeeded from what you can see in the video. The video is very old. It's two or three years old. As far as that situation, he was given some bad advice. He's a very talented person. It seems like me and Ross was going through some type of problems. I don't have problems with nobody, period. I don't care what the video says. Me and Ross never had problems. That was somebody lying."

Trick was also upset at the rumors that he might be behind the prison-guard photos that have recently popped up. Trick said he's heard ridiculous innuendo that he was behind those pictures surfacing after all these years.

"You know how the media go," he rationalized. "I'm just surprised it comes from so many so-called professional people that they would even involve my name in that. I had nothing to do with that from day one. They don't need to make up lies like I leaked pictures or I'm beefing with Plies and Rick Ross. Definitely not Rick Ross — that's my homeboy."

Trick and Ross did speak just days ago, and everything was on sturdy ground. "He's working on his album, man," Trick said. "The media tries to do what they do. You can't stop. You gotta get money."

On the Plies front, everyone has the right to believe that he and Plies had problems. Trick lambasted the young MC during a video blog from the set of DJ Khaled's "Out Here Grindin' " video shoot. Among the pleasantries, he called him "fake."

"I got pissed off and said what I said," Trick said. "But as far as me and Plies having a major problem, that ain't what this is. I don't have no problems with him.

"I been in this game a long time," he continued. "It's a certain respect or understanding you should have about me if you grew up in my area. If you from Florida, Georgia, them places, and you in between the ages of 15 and 35, I practically raised you on the music tip. There's a certain level of respect you should give me. You don't owe me, but at the same time, it's certain things that were said and done that I felt was disrespectful. But me and him got a clear understanding, I'm sure we do. [Him not showing up to Khaled's video shoot], that's what made me pop off at the time. But it started before that."

Trick recently inked a Cash Money Records deal with his protégés the Dunk Riders. That LP is just about done and is due out sometime this year. Baby and Lil Wayne are slated to have guest features.

Trick's next solo LP will be called Finally Famous. That project is scheduled for the top of 2009 with records "Ghetto Superstar" and "I'm the Realest" duking it out behind the scenes for first-single rights.

No comments: